IAPH PUBLISHING WORKSHOP
The Irish Association of Professional Historians is pleased to hold a workshop on publishing in the new seminar room of the National Library of Ireland on Saturday, 13 October.
Time: 10am – 2pm, Saturday 13 October
Location: New Seminar Room, National Library of Ireland
A limited number of places are available for this workshop.
Sign up: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place.
Fee: Free for IAPH Members.
There will be a €10 charge for non-members (this can be paid via PayPal by clicking the “Add to Cart” button at the bottom of this web-page, or it can be paid on the day.)
10am – 11.30am: Published Historians Panel
- Dr Liam Chambers (Head of History, Mary Immaculate College and joint editor of Irish Historical Studies)
- Dr Ann Buckley (Medieval History Research Centre, Department of History, Trinity College Dublin)
- Paul Manzor (Publications Manager, Eneclann).
11.30 – Tea/coffee
Light refreshments will be served during this break
12.00pm – 1.30pm: Publishers Panel
- Christabel Scaife (Senior Commissioning Editor, Literary Studies & Irish Studies, Liverpool University Press)
- Conor Graham (Editorial Assistant, UCD Press).
1.30pm – 2.00pm: Final Session
There will be a roundtable discussion to conclude the workshop.
A range of issues concerning academic publishing will be addressed during the day including:
- writing a journal article;
- the peer review process;
- writing book proposal;
- turning your PhD into a monograph;
- putting together an edited collection;
- online publishing;
- finding the right fit with a publisher;
- creating a relationship with publishers and editors;
- funding your book and applying for publishing grants;
- re-drafting a book;
- publicity and PR for your book;
- following up with the second book!
For more information please check www.iaph.ie for updates