• William Despard Hemphill, Irish Victorian Photographer (Dublin: Office of Public Works, 2014). ISBN 9781406428254
• Aspects of Irish aristocratic life: the FitzGeralds and Carton House (Dublin: UCD Press, 2014). [ed. with P. Cosgrove and T. Dooley] http://www.ucdpress.ie/display.asp?isbn=9781906359713&
• Music and dancing at Castletown, Co. Kildare, 1759-1821 (Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2011) http://www.fourcourtspress.ie/books/archives/music-and-dancing-at-castletown-co-kildare-17591821/reviews
• ‘Useless and extravagant? The consumption of music in the Irish country house’ in Jon Stobart and Andrew Hann (eds), The country house: material culture and consumption (Swindon: English Heritage, 2016), pp 156-165
• ‘French horns playing at every meal: musical activity at Carton, 1747-1895' in Patrick Cosgrove, Terence Dooley & Karol Mullaney-Dignam (eds), Aspects of Irish aristocratic life: the FitzGeralds and Carton House (Dublin: UCD Press, 2014), pp 92-105.
• ‘Persevering post-PhD: contemporary issues for early career academics’ in Jane Conroy and Margaret Kelleher (eds), Restating the value of Humanities in contemporary contexts (Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, 2014), pp 46-50.
• Entries on 'Feis Ceoil' and 'Tailteann Games [Aonach Tailteann]' in Encyclopaedia of Music in Ireland (Dublin: UCD Press, 2013) http://www.ucdpress.ie/display.asp?isbn=9781906359782&
• ‘The Music in the Irish Country House project: origins and objectives’ in Terence Dooley and Christopher Ridgway (eds), The Irish country house: its past, present and future (Dublin: Four Courts Press, 2011), pp 166-183.
• ‘Forging a musical culture: state, nation and music in Ireland, 1922-1932’ in Tatjana Marković and Vesna Mikić (eds), Musical Culture and Memory (Belgrade: Belgrade University of Arts Press, 2008), pp 76-83.
|Peer Reviewed Journals
• ‘Irish country house music collections: Birr Castle, Co. Offaly’ in Brio: Journal of the International Association of Music Libraries, UK and Ireland Branch , vol. 49, no.2 (2012), pp 23-36.
• ‘“Spacious and splendid”: music, dancing and social life at Glin Castle, 1781-1854’ in Irish Architectural and Decorative Studies, vol. xiv (2012), pp 16-37.
• 'Treasure island' [Ilnacullin/Garinish island, Co. Cork] in Irish Arts Review (Summer 2015)
• 'An “Italian palace” in Co. Roscommon: the creation of Rockingham House, Boyle’ in Roscommon Historical and Archaeological Society Journal (2013), pp 12-16.
• ‘Larkin' About: Topical humour from the Weekly Irish Times’, Dublin Tenement Experience: Living the Lockout (October 2013) http://dublintenementexperience.wordpress.com/2013/10/02/larkin-about-topical-humour-from-the-weekly-irish-times/
• ‘Helen Berry, The castrato and his wife (Oxford, 2011)’ in Eighteenth-Century Ireland (2013).
• ‘Patrick Walsh and A.P.W. Malcomson (eds), The Conolly Archive (Irish Manuscripts Commission, Dublin, 2010)’ in Irish Archives, vol. 18 (2011), pp 59-61.
• Ilnacullin: the Bryce Legacy (National Historic Properties, Office of Public Works, 2015)
• Bryce House, Glengarriff, Co. Cork | National Historic Properties, Office of Public Works, 2015
• Silent Exposure: The photography of William Despard Hemphill, Main Guard, Clonmel, Co Tipperary and Dublin Castle | National Historic Properties, Office of Public Works, 2014
CD LINER NOTES
• ‘Cultural nexus: the country house in Ireland’. Ireland: Crossroads of Art and Design, 1690–1840, Art Institute of Chicago Exhibition, companion CD Liner notes (Art Institute of Chicago, 2015).